Director, Alcohol & Drug Information Centre (ADIC) – India
- As a Social Activist, playing crucial role in the area of Alcohol & Substance Abuse Prevention, Adolescent & Youth Empowerment, Prisoners Welfare & Reformation, Non-Communicable Diseases and Road Safety at State, National & International levels for the past 42 years
- Played a key role in developing the WHO Global Alcohol Strategy; National Policy on Alcohol & Substance Use for India; WHO-Govt. of India Country Cooperation Strategy (2012-17), WHO-Govt. of India Action Plan for NCDs; and Master Plan for Substance Abuse Prevention for Kerala
- Authored/Co-authored 10 Resource Manuals, 18 Scientific Papers in International and National Journals and 160 Articles on Alcohol & Substance Abuse Prevention, Adolescent’s Issues, and Road Safety in Newspapers, Journals and Magazines
- Travelled extensively and participated in 78 International Conferences /Consultations and 56 major National Conferences / Consultations; Addressed the World Health Assembly Special Session on Children (Geneva), the United Nations General Assembly Special Session on World Drug Problem (New York) and UN World Drug Forum (Bangkok); Invited as Special Guest by the United States Government ‘to observe and evaluate the Narcotics Education and Prevention Programmes in the US’; and to several International, Regional and National Forums.
- Has served as Consultant / Temporary Advisor, World Health Organization; Member - UN Global Standing Committee on Substance Abuse Prevention; General Secretary - SAARC NGO Federation; Director - Kerala State Youth Welfare Board; Hony. Advisor - Subodham Govt. of Kerala, Advisory Member - All India Radio and National Service Scheme, besides various Technical Committees at International, National and State Levels.
- Recipient of 15 Awards, including International Youth Peace Prize (Germany), Ruben Wagnsson International Medal (Sweden), Asian Award for Substance Abuse Prevention (Sri Lanka), Rotary International Award (India) and Delhi Police Foundation Navjyoti National Award (India).